COVIDRIVE’s Study # 1: COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization
Summary: COVIDRIVE’s first study started in September 2021, and by 5th of July 2022 has recruited over 4000 patients across 7 sites in 4 European countries.
Study design: multi-country hospital-based case-control study with test-negative case-control design (SARI patients)
• COVID-19 CVE against
• COVID-19 hospitalisations
• CVE by genetic variants
• CVE by time since last dose
• CVE in specific risk groups
Recruitment started on Sept 15th, 2021 (Spain – FISABIO) for AstraZeneca and Janssen. Novavax has also joined the study as of 1st June 2022.
• Recruiting: Spain (7 hospitals), Italy (4 hospitals), Austria (1 hospital), Belgium (2 hospitals)
• In start-up: France (5 hospitals) and Germany (1 hospital), Belgium (1 hospital).
Recruitment update (as of 5th July 2022):
4061 SARI (Severe Acute Respiratory Infection) patients recruited
1218 COVID-19 cases, 1304 controls and 1539 SARI patients not yet defined.